HOME  

  Train Rides  

  Special Events  

  Kids Activities  

  Directions  

  Contact Us  

  Links  

  About Us  

  Join Us/Donate  

  History  

  Projects  

  Members  

Chiriqui Land Company No. 46

Built March 1914 by the H.K. Porter Company of Pittsburgh, 2-6-0 s/n 5514 was sold to the Chiriqui Land Company, a US-owned banana operation and subsidiary of Chiquita Brands International in Panama, as their No. 46. She was sold in 1961 to W.H. Morrison of Freehold, New Jersey, and in 1969 she was donated to the New Jersey Museum of Transportation; she's currently in the enginehouse at Allaire State Park in the midst of restoration:

Specifications
Weight: 46,000 pounds
Gauge: 36 inches
Drivers: 38 inches
Cylinders: 10 x 16 inches
Tractive effort: 6,800 pounds

 

Return to History
Return to Projects
Return Home

Copyright 2011-2015 by The New Jersey Museum of Transportation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy